I’m investing some time over the next few days to clean up and organize my bookmarks. Here’s how in case you want to follow along (some goodies surely to arrive in certain feeds)
- Clean It: Get rid of all my browser bookmarks (both FireFox and IE). Trash the ones I don’t want. I’ll use social bookmarking for the ones I do want.
- Organize it: Social Bookmarking – Four types of bookmarks for me. Some will crossover and be placed on more than one site. I have bookmarklets for each of the tools below, so it will be one-click to save appropriately.
- Delicious: Tools and Resources
- Stumble Upon: Social Media, including Blogs, Wikis, Podcasts, Articles
- Magnolia: Business, including Marketing; PR; Non-Profs; Associations; Writing
- Diigo: Education
- Tweet It: I’ll be using Twitter and scheduling Tweets as I go, so if you see lots of oldies but goodies – that’s why.
- Re-Find It: To re-find each item, I’ll continue to use FriendFeed
as my all-encompassing online stream (as you should too). Everything I
save or publish gets organized there and I can quickly find anything
Let’s see what’s in my bookmarks shall we? If you don’t follow me on any of the sites above, you should (especially FriendFeed). And if you don’t subscribe to RSS feeds yet (you should be fired!), 2009 is a great time to get in the 21st century.