Ryan Karpeles turned on the lights by tagging me with "8 Things About Me" I love his #6 and agree, and that’s why I offer this of me(me):
- Preacher – Some people say I’m still a preaching…or a blog-thumpin’ evangelist.
- Cab Driver – I’ve driven a cab, shuttle, or limo in five states (what a great way to learn a town). I owned my own cab for two years in San Jose. One of the best get-to-know-people gigs around.
- Baseball Coach – Had two stints as a High School baseball coach. The second one was in a district without any youth baseball program…so we started (and stayed) with the basics. I also was the GM of a Minor League (Class A) baseball team in the late 80′s.
- Sales Trainer – Trained incoming sales staff for a water treatment company. The folks above me didn’t quite like that I was teaching more about people than the system, but the results proved successful.
- Dancer – Did two years (off and on) in small theater. My favorite…Guys and Dolls. This takes lots of teamwork, vulnerability, and transparency.
- Newspaper Delivery – Now this took some sticktuitiveness! Family matters required a third income…and this grew so much it almost become the main meal ticket.
- Waiter – My first job was as a dishwasher at 14…and for 6 years, stayed in the food service industry doing a bit of everything. I once placed third in a National Waiters Competition (1st place in my state).
- Student – Actually, I became a better student after school…and am still a student today.
Now…about these meme/tag things.
- I dig ‘em because they allow a business blogger to give a peek into what makes them tick.
- I always recommend the weekends as the time to do ‘em.
- Even if you’re not "tagged" – if you like it, just do it.
There ya go…I just tagged ya.
Photo on Flickr by marfleen