In the never ending quest for what to write about on your business blog, let me suggest something simple:
A Few of Your Favorite Things
Just bring it back to your business in the end.
Using similes, metaphors, allegories, and parables allow you freedoms to be personable and professional simultaneously. They introduce your interests to your reader – which may also be your prospect and customer. And as you know – you are a customer to someone – we like to do business with people we like.
As examples over the years, I’ve shared posts that use some of my interests but also deliver a point to the business at hand:
- Collaboration + Competition = Contagious Creativity
- Your “Back of the Baseball Card” Stories
- Butts in the Seats Before Dollars at the Concessions
- Epiphanies of Building Online Community: The Ballpark
- Content Oomph: Black Eyed Peas Lead by Example
- Hey Pally, Be a Rat Pack Blogger
- Articulate Your Content Oomph
Maybe you’re a consultant who enjoys healthy recipes, a pastor who digs classic rock, an educator who loves baseball, a therpaist who fancies dancing.
We are often attracted to others by our shared likes. So share what you like – and bring it back to business.