I share a lot of list posts and articles on social media and in emails to clients, prospects, friends, and peers. Some folks loathe lists while others love them.
In the spirit of the list, here are six (6) reasons you should love articles and posts with lists:
- Sharing: As I said above, they’re really easy to share and most people find at least one point that resonates or shares new information.
- Small Track Ideas: From a “one track at a time” perspective, you could look at the list and decide to implement one small thing that will improve your business.
- Content Curation: You can save a list article (Pocket is a great app for this), and then curate many lists together into on very valuable resource library.
- SCAMPERing: You can combine multiple lists, then eliminate items that don’t pertain. With the remaining items, write descriptions in your own words (or use the original author’s words and give them proper attribution). [More on SCAMPER as a creative tool]
- Resources: Use the tips above (or any combination) and create an E-book offering or a slideshow to share.
- Time Saver: When time doesn’t allow for either writing or reading, lists are a real time saver.
Whether you love them or loathe them, lists work. They get the clicks, they get the magazines into hands, they get shared, they get saved. And hopefully, some items on the list gets applied.
Homework assignment: Look around your store, office, or desktop and find a short list of things to share about your business or how your work helps the folks you serve.