Opening Note: This page is dynamic as I try to collect the best links from past pages.
When this train was just getting started, I used to post a daily list of top links that I felt would assist those business folks I was coaching. This was before Facebook, Twitter, Google Plus, and LinkedIn as a stream of link sharing practices.
Sharing the links was never meant to be an attempt to elicit “link love” – it was simply sharing good links with my customers, prospects, and readers. I still use a similar practice on Twitter and other places.
In an effort to clean up some outdated pages of this site, I’m keeping some of the best links here on this page. Some of these links are years old – but still have value. Enjoy the archive. Glean what you can.
- How do we Flip the Funnel by Seth Godin at Seth’s Blog (feed) Seven-point self-awareness test to see if your idea has buzz-ability.
- Choosing the Right Tool for Closing More Deals Online, a Fast Company article by David Teten and Scott Allen. The authors of The Virtual Handshake compare the tools of Blogging,LinkedIn and Online Communities using their Seven Keys to a Powerful Network. Proof that each is a valuable business tool for different reasons.
- 152 Dos & Don’ts of Business Blogging | The Invesp Blog Ok…I’m not a big fan of checklist blogging. And 152 items? In any other case – probably much. Not in this case. Print this out and use it!
I applauded # 2, many should duck at # 3 (I warned ya)
- Social Media: Get Productive with Social Media (and Stay Sane) Gotta add one thing (two?) here. Be Patient and Confident. Plant the seeds, then work it, then the harvest comes. That’s the order. Believe in what you have to say. Like-minds attract.
- Are You Wasting Your Hard Earned Money Chasing After These 13 Things That Don’t Really Exist? from Hello, My Name is BLOG.
- How to Become a Better Listener – Dumb Little Man And because sometimes, we should just let the other person practice out loud what they are thinking.
- Learning to Share Isn’t Just for Kids by Tim Milburn – If I was ever on The Actor’s Studio – the end interview part – My least favorite word = MINE! Tim helps by putting the money quotes in bold (great eye rests)
Big Ideas (and small ones too)
- Idea Sandbox :: Big Dig :: Problem Solver Not quite as fun as the Crazy 8 Ball, but probably much more inspirational and productive
- My Passion is Awesome, Your Passion is Lame by Kathy Sierra at Creating Passionate Users (feed): “Your passionate users don’t need you to help justify the product, they need you to help them justify the passion.” Amen
- MinutesPlease.com – Manage your web time A fantastic time-management tool (including a bookmarklet) The pop-up 1-minute warning is great too. More to come on this tool
Whistle Stops remains active here in two parts, one is a weekly newsletter for SmallBizTracks and the other is still shaping up, possibly as a “wall of fame” with best of the best links I find here and there – we’ll see how that all works out.