Guest posting is very popular these days, and rightfully so. It can be a great way to reach different audiences for both the host and the gust.
I get dozens of requests each month to be a host of a guest post. I gladly turn many of them down for these reasons:
- No mention of what site the guest author will be linking to
- No offer of any social media or network profile (and I search, but there are so many David White or Susan Jones, it becomes challenging
- Even though I send my Guest Post Guidelines there are zero Eye Rests. None.
So I don’t post those. But I do host guest posts I think will be valuable to an intended audience of small business owners or social media learners.
That said, I’m on a road trip through Rural America – four states in two weeks – working with a few small businesses and organizations. This is a great time to submit your guest posts.
No need to ask first, just submit the post with this in mind:
- Topic of interest should be small business or social media (or both)
- Must have Eye Rests
- A small bio or at least a link to one of your “active” social media/network profiles
- A link that will act as a resource to this intended audience.
Mail you submission to email@example.com
See you in a couple of weeks