Using lists in your content is a great way to gift readers by providing “” and making your content easier to read and share.
Is there a difference between using bullets or numbers? Yes.
Think of a numbered list as a step-by-step order and a bulleted list as unordered. In fact, these two types of lists are called “Ordered Lists” and “Unordered Lists”.
An unordered list might include things you would pick up at the grocery store:
- Green Onions
- Bell Pepper
- Orange Juice
An ordered list might be the instructions on cooking breakfast:
- Dice vegetables into bowl
- Wisk three eggs into a different bowl
- Sautee vegetables over medium heat
- While vegetables are cooking, begin toasting bread
- Pour a glass of orange juice
- Pour egg mix into pan over vegetables
- Flip eggs (if omelet style) or scramble
In the second list, if I used an unordered list, we might’ve had cold toast, burnt eggs, and a salad for breakfast. So bullets are simply a list without specifically an order. An ordered list shows a list of items in order of priority.
I don’t know about you, but now I’m hungry.
Here’s a video by Tad on how to do lists in WordPress (with a bonus tutorial on blockquotes):