A trap many fall in it is trying to write it all in one post. Leave some (s)talk for others.
If you try to be that everything-I-know-about-this-subject in one post writer, you'll
- Lack page depth on the topic (after all, you've already said it all)
- Not get any comments (after all, you've already said it all)
- Come across as a know-it-all (after all…)
It's okay every now and again to have a cornerstone post…but those can be tough to read day-after-day
I love a good meaty post now and again. But beware of too much touch.
Every Once in Awhile, Blog Like Instant Oatmeal – Quick and Easy. Easy to read, easy to digest, easy to share.
Sometimes, the best post is a short post
- The Long and Short of It at Joanna Paterson
- How to Write Effective Blog Posts by Chris Brogan
- Are Long Blog Entries Better Than Short Ones? by Dave Taylor
Photo on Flickr by cafemama