Homeward Bound

SlippersWow!  I’m home (my dog growled, but then recognized my voice and went a bit nutty).

A quick thanks to all the great, wonderful, thoughtful, loving comments and emails (more to come on that privately and publicly later).

Might take a few days to get back to a rhythm – and before that I need to catch up on work, projects and give out a bunch of hugs.

On the medical report scene, still some follow-up monitoring to do, some dietary changes (Panera is still part of the diet, thank you!) and more exercise – but this kidney failure (it was a doozy) was hopefully just a one-time thing.

Thanks a bunch to Drew (where’d I get this doo rag?) and everyone who lifted me up with comments – my wife and I read them multiple times each day!

Just wanted to give an update.  And now, back to work sleep.

Give a Boost to Your Business. Subscribe to LIFT-a-Day Free:
Links and resources helping business owners Learn, Improve, Find Flow, and Think

Comments

1. says

Mike, I’m so glad to hear somebody finally posted bail and got you out of there! Sending big ol’ Texas hugs and howdys your way. I’d turn a cartwheel, but then I’d be the one in the hospital bed. :-)

2. says

Hi Mike, it’s great to hear that you’re back home again.
    Don’t rush back to work or blogging too soon. Those slippers look comfy – and I’m guessing someone put them there for a purpose…
    All best wishes :)
    Joanna

3. says

Yahoo, home again. Don’t overdo, but thanks for the update! You’ve been on my mind quite over over the past few days. Glad your dog recognized your voice. Probably not used to seeing you in the Doo Rag!
    Chris

4. says

So glad you are doing better. Take it easy.
    Tell the dog if he pees in the house again you will go away twice as long the next time.

5. Mitch Matthews says

wahooooooo!
    Glad you’re in your own bed! That news made my day!
    Now… don’t jump back in too fast buddy. Take your time. Relax. Laugh often. Enjoy. Rest.
    Can’t wait to see you… in due time!
    Peace brother!

6. says

Mike,
    Very, very glad to hear you are a free man. Take it easy getting back in the swing of things. Take advantage of a lazy summer/holiday week.
    You know that Tom and I will be happy to take on the role of your coach for one part of your prescription. :}

7. says

GREAT news, Mike. Get some rest. Time to kick back and let your wife take extra care of you for a while. If you’re like me, that will be hard to do, so I’ll let her know this: it won’t last long, but don’t do too good of a job or he might like it. :)

8. says

Thankful to know you are back home and this was hopefully a “one’-time” thing.
    We were all concerned that Drew might have more stored away in his doo-rag case…not a pretty thought.
    Rest, relax, and heal…we’ll all be here (as you can tell).
    My Wall Street RSS feed says Panera stock just got a bump up. Any idea why?

9. says

Happy Homecoming, Mike! You’ve been in my prayers. Just last evening, I asked about you and voila! you’re here :)
    By the way, log into YouTube; you’ll find thousands of Monty Python clips there.

10. Tyler Osby says

Glad to hear your back sir! I’m sure the hospital staff will miss ya.. but we missed you more. Hope to see you out and about soon.. its weird at Panera w/o you!

11. Daniel Sitter, Idea Seller says

Glad to see you back in the saddle Mike! Sometimes you just have to take a few steps back in order to move forward. Today’s a great day to declare your medical independence! God bless. Happy 4th!

12. says

Look at all this love, will you? Who says that the Internet depersonalizes relationships?
    Huh, unless it’s snowing there in Iowa like it is in some parts of England, I recommend lighter footwear to get around 😉

13. says

Hey Mike!! I just read on Andy Beard’s blog that you’re back, and I wanted to wish you a speedy recovery. I know what it’s like to fall ill suddenly, though I can’t imagine what you’re going through. Take your time getting up and around, please. And I’m an email away if you need anything. :)

14. Mack Collier says

Glad your home and doing better Mike, the ole blogosphere just wasn’t the same without you!